There are lots of activities to keep you busy throughout the week including:
- Sports – inter-tent competitions for points
- Workshops – to learn more about God
- Off-site activities – including canoeing, dragon boating, archery, ghyll scrambling, swimming, shopping in Keswick, climbing, Viking boating and paddle boarding
- Evening team games – work together and win points
- Suppertime – songs, silly games, video of the day and a talk from the Bible
All the organisations we use for offsite activities are covered by the National Adventure Activities Licensing Authority. One organisation we use regularly is called Live4Adventure (AALA licence no: R2303).
How to apply
To apply, please complete the Campers’ Application form , print and sign both pages before returning it to Neil Baxter, Camp Treasurer (contact details are included in the Campers’ information leaflet). The cost is £95 per person – given the uncertainty due to the pandemic we are not asking for the usual deposit and will only ask for the full amount to be paid once we know if Camp can go ahead.
What to bring
We recommend you bring the following items for your week at Camp:
- Two full changes of clothes, pyjamas, coat (anorak/cagoule) and sports wear for activities as required e.g. swimming, canoeing, ghyll scrambling etc.
- Suitable footwear – wellingtons (for around the field) and an old pair of trainers (for activities) is advised
- Towel and toiletries
- Camp bed/mat, sleeping bag, pillow and blanket (if required)
- Torch and batteries
- Bible (if you have one)